instagram

Instagram

21 Dec 2015



CREATIVE WHIZZ KID: OLIVIA GATT


What inspires your main & most obvious output of creativity (design)? Does the same inspiration also influence your wardrobe choices?

I’m lucky enough to be surrounded by creativity everyday. My job, my friends, my family, my social life and my leisure time all revolve around creativity. All these aspects of my life inspire me and influence the way I go about developing designs and art. The clothes I wear are an extension of how I express myself creatively. I’m drawn to the same shapes, patterns and colours in clothes as I am in graphic design.



Do you believe in 'dressing to your body type'?

I believe in dressing for me. The shapes and features of a human body shouldn’t prevent someone from wearing whatever they want and however they want to express themselves through style and fashion. I treat the way I style and dress myself like an extension of my personality, so when I choose an outfit I make sure I feel confident and comfortable.



Have you observed any changes to your style as you age?

As I’ve grown older, I’ve definitely noticed my style changing and maturing. I’m more confident about what designs, shapes and colours I like and look best on me; I wear a lot of different styles and brands; I’ve learnt how to blend both corporate and fun clothes together for work; and I’ve begun a collection of really beautiful pieces that I can cherish for a long time. 




If you could only dress in shades of one colour for the rest of your life, which would it be?
It would absolutely have to be pink! Ever since I can remember Ive enjoyed wearing pink and having pink around me.  As Ive gotten older, Ive become more experimental with the shades of pink I wear sometimes Ill veer towards apricot and other times Ill veer more towards lilac. Whenever I wear pink I feel like myself, so on most days I have a splash of pink somewhere (or everywhere) on my outfit.



How does your style change during the highs and lows of creativity?

Whenever I’m feeling a little run-dry of creativity, I often, subconsciously, show it though my hair. If my hair is coloured I am usually charged up and full of ideas. If my hair is kept blonde I need a creativity boost. This is a crazy, but completely legitimate theory, as I’ve noticed this pattern for a while. 



Instagram: OLIVIA_GATT
 Web: www.oliviagatt.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment